Your Alberta garbage disposal does so much more than grinding food scraps.
It keeps your kitchen trash pail clean and odor-free. It helps decrease the amount of food that decays in landfills and emits greenhouse gas. It prevents food waste from clogging your plumbing and makes meal cleanup easy.
It is one of the most hardworking appliances in your Central Alberta, area kitchen. It performs best when installed correctly, with the precision and craftsmanship that Millenium Mechanical brings to every job.
You can count on us for leak detection, hydro jetting, sewer repair, and other services. Our trained and experienced plumbers can ensure a perfect fit for your new disposal, regardless if it is a replacement or a first-time installation.
We pride ourselves on delivering honest, trustworthy service to homes and businesses throughout the Central Alberta, area. Contact us to replace your aging disposal system or add a new one to your kitchen.
Garbage Disposal Replacement and Installation
Garbage disposals last approximately 12 to 15 years if they are maintained. If your unit jams up frequently or makes loud noises, it may be time to replace it.
Every installation or replacement we handle is different because plumbing systems and electrical services vary from kitchen to kitchen. If this is your first unit, we can confirm if your plumbing is ready to handle a new appliance.
We can help you choose the best one for your needs and budget. If you have a big family and frequently prepare meals at home, you may need a unit with more horsepower. Typically, more powerful disposals are bigger than standard models. The space available under your sink may dictate the brand or model you choose.
- Do you want stainless steel or galvanized steel components?
- Do you prefer a hard-wired model or one that plugs into an electrical outlet?
- Is continuous feed or batch feed better for your needs?
A continuous feed enables you to add scraps as it operates. Batch feed models only run when a safety stopper covers the drain.
Our experts can advise you about the many features available, including noise reduction technology, single- and multiple-stage grinding, push-button starters, and dishwasher drain connectors.
At Millenium Mechanical, we offer convenient financing options to help you purchase the right equipment for your comfort and safety. Call us today for a free consultation.
Garbage Disposal Repair in Central Alberta
No matter how careful you are with your garbage disposal, breakdowns can happen. If it stops working or jams frequently, we can help. Contact us if you experience these problems:
- A garbage disposal that hums when you turn it on indicates it has power. Food or an object likely is jamming the grinding components.
- It works, but the water does not drain. This typically means the pipe under the sink, or the drain line is clogged.
- If you find water in your sink cabinet, the connections between pipes and your disposal may be loose or a worn rubber gasket at the top of the garbage disposal may need replaced.
Millenium Mechanical offers our customers 24/7 emergency repair services to be there when you need us. Our goal with every job is to provide worry-free service and 100 percent customer satisfaction.
Maintain Your Garbage Disposal
You can extend the life of your unit and prevent unexpected breakdowns with these simple maintenance tips:
- Keep your drain smelling fresh by grinding a few lemon peels.
- Refrain from grinding fibrous foods, such as celery, or hard waste, like fruit pits and chicken bones. Some garbage disposals with two- and three-stage grinding can handle tough food waste. Check the instructions for your model.
- Occasionally grind a few ice cubes to sharpen the blades.
- Keep grease and shellfish shells out.
- Always run cold water while it is operating to help flush food particles through the drain. Let the water run for a few seconds after turning off the appliance.
- Avoid stuffing large amounts of food scraps in it.
Are You Ready to Make Your Life Easier in the Kitchen?
Our qualified pros at Millenium Mechanical are ready to help with your next plumbing project in the Central Alberta, area. Call us today at 780-986-2108 or request service online for garbage disposal replacement and installation services.