How old is your HVAC system?
Do you prolong its life or upgrade?
Wednesday, August 03, 2022
Should you replace or repair your aging HVAC system?
Air conditioners don't last forever so at some point they will need to be repaired or possibly, replaced. Here are a few tell-tale signs that your unit needs some TLC.
- Energy bill higher than usual. Your energy usage will change over the seasons but if you are noticing a rise on your bill for the same month of different years, that could mean somethings wrong. The older a unit becomes, the less efficient they will be. Another reason you should schedule regular, yearly checkups. We can help increase the lifespan of the unit.
- Temperature not remaining consistent from room to room. If your system is having a hard time cooling each room to the specified temperature, it could mean that the thermostat is shot. It can also be issues with fluid levels, filters, ducts or the motor, as well. When you invest in an air conditioning unit, you do so to keep the occupants of your home comfortable. When that isn't happening, it could mean it's time for an upgrade.
- Weird smells. This could be simply, dust or could be a wiring issue. Have a professional check it out.
- Strange sounds coming from the unit. Your system typically runs quietly so if you are hearing grinding you should have someone take a look.
- Air quality issues. If you or a family member is experiencing more allergies or you notice mold somewhere, it could be a problem with the a/c.
- Age of the system. If your HVAC system is more than 10 years old, it might be time to look into replacing it. Most units can last 10 - 15 years but the older ones may be very outdated. If they are using the old type of Freon, it could be having a poor impact on the environment. This can also affect your energy bills.
At Millenium Mechanical, we have skilled professionals that can inspect your system and give you options for repair or replacement. Call us today at 780.986.2108 to discuss your options.
Tags: air conditioning cooling residential commercial Leduc edmonton a/c maintenance quality service refrigeration air quality air conditioner repair service installation thermostat
Author: Millenium Mechanical
Millenium Mechanical helped us determine what our business needed and did the installation under budget. We are very happy with the outcome.
- Joe W. (Leduc)
Helped us stay cool in our home!
Our house needed an air conditioner to cool us down. Millenium Mechanical installed what we needed and did it quickly. We are so grateful and look forward to the hot days now!
- Lloyd G. (Leduc, Alberta)
"A 'best for the airport' approach."
They most recently redesigned our aircraft lavatory dumping facility to address our heating concerns. This facility, with its high gaseous presence is now running at optimum performance. They take a 'best for the airport' approach and offer advice and solutions that gain efficiencies in both financial and people resources. Our tenants and restaurants have also retained their services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
- Blaine P., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Consistently met or exceeded our expectations.”
I have worked with Chad for five years and have known him to be very competent and reliable. He handles his business in a very professional manner. Under his direction, work completed by Millenium has consistently met or exceeded our expectations. I trust their recommendations and opinions.
- Anonymous (Edmonton, AB)
I would like to express my appreciation for the outstanding service Millenium continues to provide Edmonton Airports Commercial Development division. Your attention to detail has been remarkable with the final product always top quality.
- Daphne S., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Never let us down.”
HMS Host has used Millenium for all it’s plumbing and refrigeration needs for over 12 years. Chad and his team are very knowledgeable and take the time for thorough explanations. They have never let us down. I would not hesitate to recommend Millenium Mechanical.
- Tamara L, HMS Host (Leduc, AB)
“Quality of workmanship was excellent.”
We recently worked with Millenium on the construction and start-up of a medium sized industrial pilot plant near Edmonton. Their on-site staff was professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent. They demonstrated an approach of problem solving throughout the process. We would certainly be pleased to work with them on future projects.
- Mick H., MGN (Edmonton, AB)
“I was quite impressed.”
We had a tour of a newly built industrial cannabis facility. I have visited several cannabis facilities, as well as pharmaceutical plants and I must say, I was quite impressed. The installation is, in my opinion, of the highest quality covering many operational details. I am confident in recommending Millenium.
- Normand B., Sanuvox (St. Laurent, QC)
"Totally recommend them."
Just had a issue with my On Demand hot water. Great service, great team. Totally recommend them.
- Darcy (Leduc, Alberta)