Furnace Safety Tips
Things you can do to make heating your home safe.
Tuesday, October 05, 2021
Millenium Mechanical wants you to be safe and warm this winter.
Now that the weather is cooler, I'm sure you've had to turn on your furnace. Here are some tips to ensure that there are no safety hazards when doing so.
- Keep the area around your furnace and water heater clear of flammable items. Many people use this space for storage so make sure there is plenty of space around it. Some items could get sucked into the unit or catch fire.
- Never store certain items close to your furnace. NO paint or paint thinners, wood, old rags or papers.
- Don't allow small children to play around the furnace. They could get burned or breathe in harmful fumes.
- Replace filters every year.
- Have your furnace cleaned and inspected annually by a professional.
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors annually. You can test them to make sure they will work if needed. Batteries will need to be replaced periodically.
- Leave the home immediately and call 911, if you smell gas.
- Create an escape plan. Make sure everyone in the household knows and practices it. Have a safe place to meet, if you have to leave the house.
Keeping your furnace serviced and safe for everyone in the home, can be overlooked. Take a few minutes to make sure your furnace is ready for the winter months. If you need help with your heating system, contact Millenium Mechanical to schedule a service call.
Author: Millenium Mechanical
Millenium Mechanical helped us determine what our business needed and did the installation under budget. We are very happy with the outcome.
- Joe W. (Leduc)
Helped us stay cool in our home!
Our house needed an air conditioner to cool us down. Millenium Mechanical installed what we needed and did it quickly. We are so grateful and look forward to the hot days now!
- Lloyd G. (Leduc, Alberta)
"A 'best for the airport' approach."
They most recently redesigned our aircraft lavatory dumping facility to address our heating concerns. This facility, with its high gaseous presence is now running at optimum performance. They take a 'best for the airport' approach and offer advice and solutions that gain efficiencies in both financial and people resources. Our tenants and restaurants have also retained their services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
- Blaine P., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Consistently met or exceeded our expectations.”
I have worked with Chad for five years and have known him to be very competent and reliable. He handles his business in a very professional manner. Under his direction, work completed by Millenium has consistently met or exceeded our expectations. I trust their recommendations and opinions.
- Anonymous (Edmonton, AB)
I would like to express my appreciation for the outstanding service Millenium continues to provide Edmonton Airports Commercial Development division. Your attention to detail has been remarkable with the final product always top quality.
- Daphne S., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Never let us down.”
HMS Host has used Millenium for all it’s plumbing and refrigeration needs for over 12 years. Chad and his team are very knowledgeable and take the time for thorough explanations. They have never let us down. I would not hesitate to recommend Millenium Mechanical.
- Tamara L, HMS Host (Leduc, AB)
“Quality of workmanship was excellent.”
We recently worked with Millenium on the construction and start-up of a medium sized industrial pilot plant near Edmonton. Their on-site staff was professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent. They demonstrated an approach of problem solving throughout the process. We would certainly be pleased to work with them on future projects.
- Mick H., MGN (Edmonton, AB)
“I was quite impressed.”
We had a tour of a newly built industrial cannabis facility. I have visited several cannabis facilities, as well as pharmaceutical plants and I must say, I was quite impressed. The installation is, in my opinion, of the highest quality covering many operational details. I am confident in recommending Millenium.
- Normand B., Sanuvox (St. Laurent, QC)
"Totally recommend them."
Just had a issue with my On Demand hot water. Great service, great team. Totally recommend them.
- Darcy (Leduc, Alberta)