HVAC tune-ups homeowners can do.
A few tips to keep your HVAC units running well.
Monday, April 03, 2023
Keep your HVAC in top shape by doing these things regularly.
Performing regular HVAC tune-ups is essential to keeping your system running efficiently and preventing costly breakdowns.
Here is a checklist of tasks homeowners can perform to ensure their HVAC system is in good condition:
- Check and replace air filters: Dirty air filters can reduce airflow, which causes your system to work harder than necessary. Check your air filters monthly and replace them every 1-3 months, depending on usage and the type of filter you have.
- Clean and clear vents and registers: Make sure all supply and return vents and registers are free of dust, dirt, and debris. Clean them with a damp cloth or vacuum cleaner regularly to ensure proper airflow.
- Inspect outdoor unit: Check the outdoor unit for debris such as leaves, twigs, and grass clippings. Trim any vegetation around the unit to ensure proper airflow. Use a garden hose to clean the coils if they are dirty.
- Check refrigerant levels: If your HVAC system is low on refrigerant, it can affect performance and cause your energy bills to increase. Have a licensed HVAC technician check and refill the refrigerant levels if necessary.
- Test thermostat: Check your thermostat to ensure it is working correctly. Replace the batteries if needed and adjust the settings as necessary for the season.
- Clean condensate drain: Your HVAC system's condensate drain can become clogged with dirt and debris, leading to water leaks and other problems. Use a vacuum cleaner or a pipe cleaner to clean the drain regularly.
- Schedule annual maintenance: Have a licensed HVAC technician perform an annual tune-up and inspection of your system to ensure it is running efficiently and identify any potential issues before they become major problems.
Performing these tasks regularly can help keep your HVAC system in good condition and extend its lifespan. It is also important to work with a licensed HVAC professional for more complex tasks, such as refrigerant refills and system maintenance.
Millenium Mechanical would be happy to take care of any maintenance required so give us a call today!
Tags: air conditioning cooling heating residential Leduc edmonton a/c maintenance quality service furnace air conditioner service
Author: Millenium Mechanical
Millenium Mechanical helped us determine what our business needed and did the installation under budget. We are very happy with the outcome.
- Joe W. (Leduc)
Helped us stay cool in our home!
Our house needed an air conditioner to cool us down. Millenium Mechanical installed what we needed and did it quickly. We are so grateful and look forward to the hot days now!
- Lloyd G. (Leduc, Alberta)
"A 'best for the airport' approach."
They most recently redesigned our aircraft lavatory dumping facility to address our heating concerns. This facility, with its high gaseous presence is now running at optimum performance. They take a 'best for the airport' approach and offer advice and solutions that gain efficiencies in both financial and people resources. Our tenants and restaurants have also retained their services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
- Blaine P., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Consistently met or exceeded our expectations.”
I have worked with Chad for five years and have known him to be very competent and reliable. He handles his business in a very professional manner. Under his direction, work completed by Millenium has consistently met or exceeded our expectations. I trust their recommendations and opinions.
- Anonymous (Edmonton, AB)
I would like to express my appreciation for the outstanding service Millenium continues to provide Edmonton Airports Commercial Development division. Your attention to detail has been remarkable with the final product always top quality.
- Daphne S., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Never let us down.”
HMS Host has used Millenium for all it’s plumbing and refrigeration needs for over 12 years. Chad and his team are very knowledgeable and take the time for thorough explanations. They have never let us down. I would not hesitate to recommend Millenium Mechanical.
- Tamara L, HMS Host (Leduc, AB)
“Quality of workmanship was excellent.”
We recently worked with Millenium on the construction and start-up of a medium sized industrial pilot plant near Edmonton. Their on-site staff was professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent. They demonstrated an approach of problem solving throughout the process. We would certainly be pleased to work with them on future projects.
- Mick H., MGN (Edmonton, AB)
“I was quite impressed.”
We had a tour of a newly built industrial cannabis facility. I have visited several cannabis facilities, as well as pharmaceutical plants and I must say, I was quite impressed. The installation is, in my opinion, of the highest quality covering many operational details. I am confident in recommending Millenium.
- Normand B., Sanuvox (St. Laurent, QC)
"Totally recommend them."
Just had a issue with my On Demand hot water. Great service, great team. Totally recommend them.
- Darcy (Leduc, Alberta)