Winterize your commercial heating system.
Keep your heating unit working efficiently this winter.
A large part of building utility costs is the HVAC system. Here are a few tips on what you can do to keep your costs low and ensure it's running at peak efficiency, especially during the winter months.
- Air Filters: If these are too dirty, the system has to work much harder to get the air through the vents. This will use up more energy and cost you more to heat (or cool) the building. Changing the air filters will keep it running efficiently and keep the costs lower.
- Thermostat: If it's an older version, they may not be as accurate as they used to be. Sensors may need to be adjusted, as well. A digital thermostat is easier to regulate so you may want to switch them out for 'smart' versions.
- Outdoor parts: Inspect any portion of the system that is outside of the building. Our colder temps are very hard on equipment. Check air vents for anything that can block the flow and condensation traps should be empty and dry so they don't freeze.
- Heating elements: have burners cleaned and inspected for efficiency. For parts that use water as a heating element, make sure the pipes are clean of mold or condensation. Check for drafts where you could be losing heat.
- Air flow: make sure the airways are not restricted. Clean vents to prevent them from working too hard to minimize wear and tear on the system.
Taking some steps to winterize your commercial building HVAC, will help reduce wasting energy.
If you need a professional to inspect your HVAC system, Millenium offers affordable packages for regular maintenance. We can inspect and repair rooftop units, water heaters, boilers or any other part of the HVAC system. Give us a call today to find out more and make sure your equipment won't cost you more than necessary this winter.
Author: Millenium Mechanical
Millenium Mechanical helped us determine what our business needed and did the installation under budget. We are very happy with the outcome.
Helped us stay cool in our home!
Our house needed an air conditioner to cool us down. Millenium Mechanical installed what we needed and did it quickly. We are so grateful and look forward to the hot days now!
"A 'best for the airport' approach."
They most recently redesigned our aircraft lavatory dumping facility to address our heating concerns. This facility, with its high gaseous presence is now running at optimum performance. They take a 'best for the airport' approach and offer advice and solutions that gain efficiencies in both financial and people resources. Our tenants and restaurants have also retained their services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
“Consistently met or exceeded our expectations.”
I have worked with Chad for five years and have known him to be very competent and reliable. He handles his business in a very professional manner. Under his direction, work completed by Millenium has consistently met or exceeded our expectations. I trust their recommendations and opinions.
I would like to express my appreciation for the outstanding service Millenium continues to provide Edmonton Airports Commercial Development division. Your attention to detail has been remarkable with the final product always top quality.
“Never let us down.”
HMS Host has used Millenium for all it’s plumbing and refrigeration needs for over 12 years. Chad and his team are very knowledgeable and take the time for thorough explanations. They have never let us down. I would not hesitate to recommend Millenium Mechanical.
“Quality of workmanship was excellent.”
We recently worked with Millenium on the construction and start-up of a medium sized industrial pilot plant near Edmonton. Their on-site staff was professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent. They demonstrated an approach of problem solving throughout the process. We would certainly be pleased to work with them on future projects.
“I was quite impressed.”
We had a tour of a newly built industrial cannabis facility. I have visited several cannabis facilities, as well as pharmaceutical plants and I must say, I was quite impressed. The installation is, in my opinion, of the highest quality covering many operational details. I am confident in recommending Millenium.
"Totally recommend them."
Just had a issue with my On Demand hot water. Great service, great team. Totally recommend them.