Is your furnace blowing cold air?
Things you can check before calling us.
Thursday, September 01, 2022
With the cold weather coming soon, now is a great time to check out your furnace.
If you turn it on and it's not blowing warm air, it could mean there is an issue with gas supply, filter, pilot light or flame detector.
Here are a few things you can check yourself:
- Is the pilot light not working? This is what ignites the burners and gets the furnace ready to produce heat. If this is not lit, you'll have to find the pilot light assembly and reset switch. Move it to the off position to shut off the gas. Wait for a few minutes to make sure the leftover gas is not in the chamber, then turn it on. Find the reset button and place a match in front of the pilot light. this should re-ignite the flame. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, just give us a call and we would be glad to check this for you.
- Flame detector issue? Some furnaces don't come with a pilot light. Instead, they come with a flame detector. If this is dirty, it can create a problem where you loose heat and it'll blow cold air. You can clean this sensor yourself or call our skilled technicians and we can do it for you.
- Is the filter not allowing proper airflow? If the air filter is really dirty, it can be blocking air from your furnace. This can also cause overheating issues, which can lead to cold air being generated. Replace the filter and it should fix the problem.
- Check the thermostat. It could be set to on instead of auto. This will cause your furnace to run all day, but will not produce heat. When auto is selected, it will heat when needed.
- Ductwork damage? If there are holes or cracks in the ductwork they can allow cold air from other places in your home to come through. Even when your furnace is working correctly, the cold air could be leaking through your vents, as well. You'll have to have someone repair the ductwork, if this is the issue.
- Problem with gas supply? If this is the problem, you'll have to have a technician check this and do any necessary repairs. Call your service provider.
Our skilled professionals are available to inspect your furnace and will make sure that it is working sufficiently. Call Millenium at 780.986.2108 to set up an appointment today!
Tags: heating residential Leduc edmonton maintenance quality service furnace repair service ductwork thermostat
Author: Millenium Mechanical
Millenium Mechanical helped us determine what our business needed and did the installation under budget. We are very happy with the outcome.
- Joe W. (Leduc)
Helped us stay cool in our home!
Our house needed an air conditioner to cool us down. Millenium Mechanical installed what we needed and did it quickly. We are so grateful and look forward to the hot days now!
- Lloyd G. (Leduc, Alberta)
"A 'best for the airport' approach."
They most recently redesigned our aircraft lavatory dumping facility to address our heating concerns. This facility, with its high gaseous presence is now running at optimum performance. They take a 'best for the airport' approach and offer advice and solutions that gain efficiencies in both financial and people resources. Our tenants and restaurants have also retained their services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
- Blaine P., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Consistently met or exceeded our expectations.”
I have worked with Chad for five years and have known him to be very competent and reliable. He handles his business in a very professional manner. Under his direction, work completed by Millenium has consistently met or exceeded our expectations. I trust their recommendations and opinions.
- Anonymous (Edmonton, AB)
I would like to express my appreciation for the outstanding service Millenium continues to provide Edmonton Airports Commercial Development division. Your attention to detail has been remarkable with the final product always top quality.
- Daphne S., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Never let us down.”
HMS Host has used Millenium for all it’s plumbing and refrigeration needs for over 12 years. Chad and his team are very knowledgeable and take the time for thorough explanations. They have never let us down. I would not hesitate to recommend Millenium Mechanical.
- Tamara L, HMS Host (Leduc, AB)
“Quality of workmanship was excellent.”
We recently worked with Millenium on the construction and start-up of a medium sized industrial pilot plant near Edmonton. Their on-site staff was professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent. They demonstrated an approach of problem solving throughout the process. We would certainly be pleased to work with them on future projects.
- Mick H., MGN (Edmonton, AB)
“I was quite impressed.”
We had a tour of a newly built industrial cannabis facility. I have visited several cannabis facilities, as well as pharmaceutical plants and I must say, I was quite impressed. The installation is, in my opinion, of the highest quality covering many operational details. I am confident in recommending Millenium.
- Normand B., Sanuvox (St. Laurent, QC)
"Totally recommend them."
Just had a issue with my On Demand hot water. Great service, great team. Totally recommend them.
- Darcy (Leduc, Alberta)