So you want air conditioning?
Here are some tips on how to decide which one to get.
Monday, May 09, 2022
Our summer last year was HOT! Be prepared as the temps start to rise again.
Whether your unit needs to be replaced or you're looking at a/c for the first time, there are things to consider. It can be a big investment but finding the right one is key. There are many brands, shapes and sizes of A/C systems so make sure you get the one that's right for your home. It can be overwhelming if you don't ask the right questions.
Here are a few tips on making that decision.
- Energy efficient: let's face it, electricity is expensive. Look for an a/c unit that says 'energy efficient' to give yourself the best chance to keep your costs low. Look for the SEER score (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) on any unit you're interested in. The higher the number, the better efficiency rating... which means better savings for you!
- Budget: it's important to make sure you are spending only what you feel comfortable doing. Factors may include how long you intend to live in your home and how much you can afford. There are many budget friendly systems and lots of options, such as split-system air conditioners, packaged air conditioners and ductless systems.
- Size: in most cases, determining the proper size will be best handled by a professional HVAC installer. They can determine the cooling capacity. Bigger is not always better and too small won't do the trick. You'll just waste electricity if the unit is working too hard or more than necessary. The proper sized system will keep your comfortable and save you on your energy bill. When you have us come in for an estimate, we will look at all the factors to determine the best one for you.
- Features: you can get a basic model that has on and off or ones that offer high and low stages of cooling. There are also speed options to keep the temps more precise. Some units even have wi-fi capabilities and can be controlled from your smartphone.
- Humidity levels: a/c units pull heat and humidity out of indoor air and use the blower to circulate the air. Units that have variable speeds can control the humidity much more efficiently. They operate at lower speeds for longer so pulling more humidity out of the air.
- Noise levels: some air conditioners come with multi-stage compressors that are very quiet, while a single-staged version can be much louder. Some also come with blankets to reduce noise levels. Depending on where your unit is placed, it may or may not be something to worry about. For instance, if it's by your bedroom window, you may want a quieter model.
So, you'll have some things to decide upon but we can help you with your questions. There are more benefits to owning a central air system and now is a great time to find out about it.
To learn more about how to choose your air conditioning unit,
give Millenium Mechanical a call. We can schedule a visit to determine
what will work for your space.
Stay cool this summer with Millenium.
Tags: air conditioning cooling residential commercial Leduc edmonton a/c maintenance quality service air conditioner service installation
Author: Millenium Mechanical
Millenium Mechanical helped us determine what our business needed and did the installation under budget. We are very happy with the outcome.
- Joe W. (Leduc)
Helped us stay cool in our home!
Our house needed an air conditioner to cool us down. Millenium Mechanical installed what we needed and did it quickly. We are so grateful and look forward to the hot days now!
- Lloyd G. (Leduc, Alberta)
"A 'best for the airport' approach."
They most recently redesigned our aircraft lavatory dumping facility to address our heating concerns. This facility, with its high gaseous presence is now running at optimum performance. They take a 'best for the airport' approach and offer advice and solutions that gain efficiencies in both financial and people resources. Our tenants and restaurants have also retained their services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
- Blaine P., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Consistently met or exceeded our expectations.”
I have worked with Chad for five years and have known him to be very competent and reliable. He handles his business in a very professional manner. Under his direction, work completed by Millenium has consistently met or exceeded our expectations. I trust their recommendations and opinions.
- Anonymous (Edmonton, AB)
I would like to express my appreciation for the outstanding service Millenium continues to provide Edmonton Airports Commercial Development division. Your attention to detail has been remarkable with the final product always top quality.
- Daphne S., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Never let us down.”
HMS Host has used Millenium for all it’s plumbing and refrigeration needs for over 12 years. Chad and his team are very knowledgeable and take the time for thorough explanations. They have never let us down. I would not hesitate to recommend Millenium Mechanical.
- Tamara L, HMS Host (Leduc, AB)
“Quality of workmanship was excellent.”
We recently worked with Millenium on the construction and start-up of a medium sized industrial pilot plant near Edmonton. Their on-site staff was professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent. They demonstrated an approach of problem solving throughout the process. We would certainly be pleased to work with them on future projects.
- Mick H., MGN (Edmonton, AB)
“I was quite impressed.”
We had a tour of a newly built industrial cannabis facility. I have visited several cannabis facilities, as well as pharmaceutical plants and I must say, I was quite impressed. The installation is, in my opinion, of the highest quality covering many operational details. I am confident in recommending Millenium.
- Normand B., Sanuvox (St. Laurent, QC)
"Totally recommend them."
Just had a issue with my On Demand hot water. Great service, great team. Totally recommend them.
- Darcy (Leduc, Alberta)