Should you buy a wifi thermostat?
Is it worth the cost?
Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Do you know someone who has a smart thermostat in their home? They'll most likely tell you that it's a great idea!
Technology is everywhere and your homes' functions, is no exception. There are benefits to making the jump to these types of temperature controls.
- Convenience. If this is important to you, then these little gadgets are a great improvement over the traditional thermostats. They function the same as regular ones but you have the freedom of doing it from anywhere! They are controlled from a smart phone app or from the device itself. This allows you to check on it if you're away or even if you forget to turn if down at bedtime. They will 'learn' your routines and what you prefer. You can let it develop a schedule for you or program it yourself. This works for both heating an cooling. Some models can even give you reminders for air filter changes or energy saving tips.
- Customization. Most of these devices come with many ways to make it work best for you and your family. It will learn what temperature you prefer to keep your home, depending on the time of day and even the weather outside!
- Saves you money. Just by programming your thermostat to go down when you aren't there or at night, can almost save you the cost of the device within a year! If you aren't in the habit of programming your current thermostat, you're likely to see a big difference very quickly.
There are many different models of Smart Thermostats, ranging in price from $100 - $600. Do your homework to see which has the features you need before purchasing one. Call Millenium Mechanical for more information.
Tags: cooling heating residential commercial Leduc edmonton a/c quality service furnace air conditioner service installation thermostat smart thermostat
Author: Millenium Mechanical
Millenium Mechanical helped us determine what our business needed and did the installation under budget. We are very happy with the outcome.
- Joe W. (Leduc)
Helped us stay cool in our home!
Our house needed an air conditioner to cool us down. Millenium Mechanical installed what we needed and did it quickly. We are so grateful and look forward to the hot days now!
- Lloyd G. (Leduc, Alberta)
"A 'best for the airport' approach."
They most recently redesigned our aircraft lavatory dumping facility to address our heating concerns. This facility, with its high gaseous presence is now running at optimum performance. They take a 'best for the airport' approach and offer advice and solutions that gain efficiencies in both financial and people resources. Our tenants and restaurants have also retained their services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
- Blaine P., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Consistently met or exceeded our expectations.”
I have worked with Chad for five years and have known him to be very competent and reliable. He handles his business in a very professional manner. Under his direction, work completed by Millenium has consistently met or exceeded our expectations. I trust their recommendations and opinions.
- Anonymous (Edmonton, AB)
I would like to express my appreciation for the outstanding service Millenium continues to provide Edmonton Airports Commercial Development division. Your attention to detail has been remarkable with the final product always top quality.
- Daphne S., EIA (Leduc, AB)
“Never let us down.”
HMS Host has used Millenium for all it’s plumbing and refrigeration needs for over 12 years. Chad and his team are very knowledgeable and take the time for thorough explanations. They have never let us down. I would not hesitate to recommend Millenium Mechanical.
- Tamara L, HMS Host (Leduc, AB)
“Quality of workmanship was excellent.”
We recently worked with Millenium on the construction and start-up of a medium sized industrial pilot plant near Edmonton. Their on-site staff was professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent. They demonstrated an approach of problem solving throughout the process. We would certainly be pleased to work with them on future projects.
- Mick H., MGN (Edmonton, AB)
“I was quite impressed.”
We had a tour of a newly built industrial cannabis facility. I have visited several cannabis facilities, as well as pharmaceutical plants and I must say, I was quite impressed. The installation is, in my opinion, of the highest quality covering many operational details. I am confident in recommending Millenium.
- Normand B., Sanuvox (St. Laurent, QC)
"Totally recommend them."
Just had a issue with my On Demand hot water. Great service, great team. Totally recommend them.
- Darcy (Leduc, Alberta)