Benefits of humidity in your home in cold months.
Some great reasons to get a humidifier!
Are you dealing with dry, itchy skin, headaches or just feeling crappy? Well, your home is probably VERY dry!
Home humidity levels should be somewhere between 30% and 50%. However, over the winter months, cold air holds less moisture than warm air does. Since the humidity is so much lower, the air quickly sucks up any moisture it finds from things around it. Our bodies lose moisture, leading to crazy dry skin and noses. Homes will end up very dry, have an abundance of static electricity, cause breathing issues and even illnesses.
The best way to help ourselves and our home is by the use of a humidifier.
Even putting a small one in your bedroom, will help a lot but your whole home can benefit from a larger version.
Some benefits to getting a humidifier are:
- One of the first things we notice when the air is dry, is our skin. The added moisture from a humidifier may help this condition, as well as dry eyes.
- Adding moisture to the air in your homes can also make it feel warmer, so you may even save on heating bills... which is always a good thing, too!
- If your laundry or hair seems to be extra sparky, humidity levels need to be increased. While the worst case scenarios are rare, sparks can ignite flammable gas or dust and be very dangerous. The moisture from a humidifier has the ability to limit these types of issues.
- Hardwood floors do not like too much or too little humidity. Proper use of a humidifier in your home can keep floors from drying out, cracking or loosening. This goes for wooden furniture, as well. Try to keep a consistent moisture level to keep wood at their best.
- Allergy symptoms can be reduced. Dust is more of a problem when it's in a dry room. If you keep the air moist, it can help soothe sore throats and dry noses.
- It has been studied and results show that raising humidity levels can have a great effect on airborne viruses. It can stop or slow the movement of germs by making them too heavy to float around. So, it could even slow the spread of many illnesses, including the flu.
Too much humidity can also have negative affects on you and your home. You can get a hygrometer that will measure the amount of water vapor in the air, soil or in confined spaces.
A humidifier can be an investment in protecting yourself, your loved ones and the home you live in.
If you would like to learn more about adding a humidifier on to your furnace, give Millenium Mechanical a call at 780-986-2108 today!
Author: Millenium Mechanical
Millenium Mechanical helped us determine what our business needed and did the installation under budget. We are very happy with the outcome.
Helped us stay cool in our home!
Our house needed an air conditioner to cool us down. Millenium Mechanical installed what we needed and did it quickly. We are so grateful and look forward to the hot days now!
"A 'best for the airport' approach."
They most recently redesigned our aircraft lavatory dumping facility to address our heating concerns. This facility, with its high gaseous presence is now running at optimum performance. They take a 'best for the airport' approach and offer advice and solutions that gain efficiencies in both financial and people resources. Our tenants and restaurants have also retained their services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
“Consistently met or exceeded our expectations.”
I have worked with Chad for five years and have known him to be very competent and reliable. He handles his business in a very professional manner. Under his direction, work completed by Millenium has consistently met or exceeded our expectations. I trust their recommendations and opinions.
I would like to express my appreciation for the outstanding service Millenium continues to provide Edmonton Airports Commercial Development division. Your attention to detail has been remarkable with the final product always top quality.
“Never let us down.”
HMS Host has used Millenium for all it’s plumbing and refrigeration needs for over 12 years. Chad and his team are very knowledgeable and take the time for thorough explanations. They have never let us down. I would not hesitate to recommend Millenium Mechanical.
“Quality of workmanship was excellent.”
We recently worked with Millenium on the construction and start-up of a medium sized industrial pilot plant near Edmonton. Their on-site staff was professional and the quality of workmanship was excellent. They demonstrated an approach of problem solving throughout the process. We would certainly be pleased to work with them on future projects.
“I was quite impressed.”
We had a tour of a newly built industrial cannabis facility. I have visited several cannabis facilities, as well as pharmaceutical plants and I must say, I was quite impressed. The installation is, in my opinion, of the highest quality covering many operational details. I am confident in recommending Millenium.
"Totally recommend them."
Just had a issue with my On Demand hot water. Great service, great team. Totally recommend them.